Enrolment of New Employees
- Have the employee complete the New Employee Group Insurance Application
- The employer should fill in Section D with policy holder name (employer), exact date of hire, occupation, earnings, policy number and division.
- A Statement of Health form should be completed for underwriting of Life / AD & D and Long Term Disability or Short Term Disability when eligible volumes are above the Non-Evidence Maximum.
- Forward information to Skipwith & Associates Insurance Inc.
Changes to Employee Information
- Termination, Salary or Name change
- Complete the application section on the Notice of Change form
- Change of earnings or occupation. Complete a Statement of Health for underwriting of new eligibility of increased coverage
- Termination of employee
- Name changes
Change of Beneficiary
- Complete Section 4 of the Group Employee Change Form
Change of Name
- Complete a Notice of Change form as well as Section 2 of the Group Employee Change Form
Notification of Marriage / Acquired Spouse
- Complete a Group Employee Change Form and a Dependent Enrolment Form within 31 days of the date of marriage.
- A plan member should complete the Group Employee Change Form within 31 days of the start of co-habitation unless the policy states that the plan member and partner must live together for a specified time before becoming eligible.
Change in Health or Dental coverage
- Plan members may choose to change their Health / Dental coverage for a variety of reasons for any of the following situations the Group Employee Change Form is required to be completed.
- A single plan member may acquire a spouse or dependent child and would like to change status to family coverage.
- A plan member has opted out of health/Dental and may now require coverage due to the termination of a spouse’s coverage.
- Due to Separation or divorce a plan member currently having family coverage may wish to change to single coverage.