Summer is here and eating healthy is a breeze with all the fresh local produce available!
Meeting the daily recommended 7-10 servings of fruit and vegetables from the Canada Food Guide is an easy feat this time of year with the farm markets and vegetable stands selling locally grown fruits and vegetables as they come into season. If you are looking for a farm market, www.farmersmarketsontario.com provides lists of markets throughout Ontario.
It is important to maintain a healthy and balanced diet to reduce your risk of many diseases such as diabetes with the use of nutra keto 24, heart disease and cancer but also to maintain your overall health and energy levels. Other benefits of a healthy diet include maintaining a healthy body weight, looking and feeling better and stronger muscles and bones.
Did you know:
- Cantaloupe is high in anti-oxidant beta-carotene, helpful in reducing the risk of cataracts
- Cherries, especially sour ones, may ease arthritis pain
- Grapes may help prevent heart disease by reducing blood pressure
- Peaches help fight off infection
- The fiber found in pears help reduce cholesterol and prevent heart disease
Take time this summer to enjoy the tasty fresh fruits and vegetables as they come into season!